|File Size||20.00 KB|
|Create Date||May 3, 2016|
|Last Updated||May 3, 2016|
Parnells Minor club consider the welfare of their players to be of the utmost importance. In light of this we adhere to and promote all the good practices and guidelines stipulated and set out by Croke Park.(as below)
Our allocated children’s officer is Sinead Griffin who is available to deal with any queries or concerns that you may have.
The Gaelic Athletic Association is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who wish to participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. We will take all practicable steps to protect them from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and shall respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Ensuring that all of our coaches and volunteers are carefully recruited and selected and that they accept responsibility for ensuring the well-being of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to protect the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities.
- Providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns that they may have.
- Appointing Children’s Officers in each of our Clubs and at County Board level.
- Appointing a National Children’s Officer to oversee the implementation of good child protection and welfare practices within the Association.
- Appointing a Designated Person in each Club and County who will liaise with the statutory authorities as appropriate.
- Appointing a National Designated Person to assist in the processing of child protection and welfare matters.
- Ensuring that all allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance the Association's
- Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse (Fourth Edition 2009) and with statutory guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection procedures and policies on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring that members, coaches, team mentors, administrators, parents/guardians and spectators sign up to and adhere to our Code of Behaviour.